Relax Renew Massage's COVID Response
Here are the steps I am taking to reduce the risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19 to others. These recommendations are from the Centers for Disease Control, The MN Department of Health and The American Association of Massage and Bodyworkers. I also have a group of COVID experts versed in the latest on COVID providing advice on my procedures. The Relax Renew massage studio at Los Campeones was closed last week based on their recommendation.
Arriving at either studio, you can expect:
- Hand sanitizer is located at the front desk of the gym and the front door of the Whittier Studio
- All surfaces and equipment are cleaned with EPA approved disinfectants.
- Linens are cleaned for single use.
- Once in the massage area, you will only interface with your massage therapist.
- Massage chair/table, cupping, Graston, and hot stone equipment have been sanitized.
You will be expected to do the following (no exceptions):
- Before arriving, clients are required to complete COVID screening questions on the web: relaxrenew.net/covid.
- Upon arrival, your temperature will be checked. If an accurate reading is compromised by the weather, you will be asked to sit for ten minutes before your temperature is checked again.
- You will be required to wear a disposable surgical or KN-95 mask provided by Relax Renew. You will not be able to wear an outside mask in the massage studio.
- You will be required to wash hands for 20 seconds (which will be observed), and/or you will be provided hand sanitizer.
- We will limit talking to a minimum whenever possible (after we catch up on the latest gossip in our lives).
- After your massage, you're encouraged to relax for a few moments, but once dressed, we ask that you proceed out as quickly as possible.
There is mounting scientific data suggesting that services like massage therapy, spa treatments, and hair styling have a lower risk of transmission if all parties are wearing masks and providers wear protective equipment.
This is a partnership. It will take both of us to ensure the safety of one another. I thank you for your cooperation with these guidelines.